2/26/14

Date Nights and February Writing

Three courses after the massage.
It was an evening of sensory decadence! 
As a freelancer, it's nice when you can write multiple pieces about the same topic/experience. I was able to do just that in February when I contributed two different articles about the couples massage that Jake and I had the pleasure of experiencing at Turning Leaf Spa. On a chilly evening in December, Jake and I settled in at Turning Leaf for an hour-long, side-by-side massage in a room with a fireplace and soft music. After the massage, we had dinner catered by Johnny's Italian Steakhouse in an adjoining nook. It was a pretty incredible date night! I wrote about it HERE and HERE. Jake and I try to consistently spend one-on-one time together when it's possible, but we don't really have a rhythm of date nights. I've heard of couples scheduling a date once a week or every two weeks, but that doesn't seem to happen for us. We're more likely to be invited to a kid-free event and then take advantage of having a sitter by going out for a drink or coffee before or after. We're also lucky that my mom and step-dad are willing to keep the kids while we go on longer adventures. And sometimes, after the kids go to bed, we stage our own special dates at the dining room table with candles and takeout. Sometimes these evenings are actually my favorite. No matter what it looks like, there's no doubt that it's always refreshing to spend quality time with the ones we love. 

1 comment:

  1. Our nights in after the kids go to bed, talking about life and planning for the furture, tend to be our favorite, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?