Weekending
- You may have noticed that my blog has a new look! My agent has encouraged me to build my “platform” and as part of that I’m updating my online presence. My work website will also be refreshed. I truly had no idea what goes into (hopefully—fingers crossed—please Lord let this happen) publishing a book. It’s exhausting...and yet so exciting! More updates later...
- The weekend is looking delightfully low-key. We’ll go to the Winter Carnival at Jake’s school tonight and have dinner with friends on Saturday. Other than that, I’m hoping to do a few projects around the house and that’s about it.
- I’ve been thinking a lot about this lately: “To claim the truths about who we are, where we come from, what we believe, and the very important nature of our lives, we have to be willing to give ourselves a break and appreciate the beauty of our cracks or imperfections. To be kinder and gentler with ourselves and each other...To talk to ourselves in the same way we’d talk to someone we’d care about...” (Brene Brown, Daring Greatly). All of us matter, including you and me. I love my children and my husband fiercely, but do I show the same care and tenderness to myself? It’s a question I’m considering...
Love the new look!
ReplyDeletelovely new web look!
ReplyDelete