2/24/14

Weekending...


It was lovely. Here's the re-cap:

1 :: On Friday, The Bakery Gallery hosted a fundraiser for the Eastside Bakery. I bought these gorgeous handmade journals to benefit the cause—and some of the best crusty bread in town.

2 :: We missed the actual Friday night fundraiser because we had dinner with Jake's brothers and our sisters-in-law. Emily is an incredible cook and she and Frank wined and dined us to no end. We're so lucky to have such great siblings!

3 :: The boys had their final basketball game of the season. They really enjoyed their participation and we had a great time watching them work hard and have fun. A lot of this had to do with their aunt and uncle (Tesi and Zach) being coaches and their cousins being teammates. Games + lunch after the games became an awesome Saturday tradition with the whole family.

4 :: Jake and I took the kids to the Junior Theater performance of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on Sunday afternoon. As always, it was a great show! They do such an incredible job; we feel really lucky that it's in our neighborhood.

5 :: Big news! My husband got a new job last week! Same school district, new school.  He'll finish out the school year as an elementary school principal and will become the principal of our city's alternative high school next fall. This is exciting news for our family! I love seeing that passionate twinkle of new adventure in his eye.

6 :: I enjoyed the book Notes from a Blue Bike over the weekend. It was, in fact, the perfect weekend read. Parenting, travel, God, food, the search for a life that is simple and intentional. Delightful.

Here's to a new week!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...congratulations to Jake! and to you all. Very exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun life you lead :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?