Did anyone else have trouble peeling their eyes open this Monday morning? I did. I think I'm a wee bit tired after another jam-packed weekend. But that's okay. I'm so obsessed with the sunshine and warm temperatures that very little can get me down right now. Since it's been awhile since my last post, here's what we've been up to:
- The boys got haircuts last week. About five minutes before we left our house to head to barber shop, Eli decided to cut his hair short again. (He's been growing it out since the beginning of the school year.) He went for it and hasn't looked back. I love how he makes decisions and lives without regret.
- On Friday night, I took the kids to Fun Night at the elementary school where Jake works. It was actually as fun as its name indicates. The principal (Jake) was in the dunk tank, and let me tell you, the line was long. It was hilarious. Eli continued our proud family tradition of winning cake walks which delighted us all.
- On Saturday, we planted the garden. It was a great family morning outside.
- Saturday afternoon was a bowling birthday party with our sweet neighbors. Then the whole crew went out for ice cream. I love these children and love that they live across the street! (Confession: I didn't feed my children dinner on Saturday night. The boys ate two scoops of ice cream. Sinta ate a cone. And then I put them to bed.)
- Friday and Saturday night after the kids went to bed, Jake and I caught up on about a thousand episodes of The Office. We watched the finale on Saturday night and I thought it was great. I loved Andy's quote about wishing there was a way to "know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them" and Pam's final line about recognizing the beauty in the ordinary.
- Sunday was our church May Fest, which is a great big outdoor picnic with a live band. Sunday night we enjoyed a lovely dinner with great friends. And now we're on to a new week. This week is the last day of Sintayehu's preschool and the boys last full week of school. I have several work deadlines and high hopes of sitting on our porch watching the kids play. I'm thinking a lot of one of my dearest friends whose newborn is in the hospital. Not only am I nervous for her and praying for her, but such news always slams things into perspective. Time flies. People are precious. Don't waste a minute on anything but Love.

I love ice-cream-for-dinner nights, and not just for kids. Yum!
ReplyDeleteOh, and I agree about the "good old days" line from The Office finale - it brought tears to my eyes. Turns out many of my good old days were spent with you...
ReplyDelete