5/15/13

2013 Garden Tour


We have been planting a small backyard garden now for six years and yet it seems hit or miss as to whether or not things will grow. This year, like every year, we're making a few adjustments and hoping for the best. We have two garden beds and planted a variety of flowers and vegetables on each last year. This year, one will be for flowers and the other for veggies. I went to the farmers' market to buy all of our veggies and flowers yesterday; I think we'll plant this weekend.  Here's what this year's garden will entail:

–4 tomato plants
–2 bell pepper plants
–1 jalapeƱo pepper plant (Eli's choice)
–2 brocoli plants
–3 brussel sprout plants (this is new!)
–herbs (dill, 2 kinds of basil, rosemary, parsley—tarragon, chives, and mint all survived the winter)
–More flowers than last year

Without lifting a finger, the strawberries and raspberries are looking good. (I love that about these two.) The sunshine, the market, and the thought of more time outdoors makes me deliriously happy!

Hanging basket:

Strawberries:



 Afternoon cuteness:



3 comments:

  1. They are looking so grown up!! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strawberries look great! And they are making me realize that ours aren't doing so well. But our raspberries seem to be in good shape. Here's hoping that this summer is not so hot as last summer and things do a bit better. We're pretty excited about our garden over here, as well!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?