9/6/12

Weekend Reading + Resolution Check-In

Yes, I'm still talking about my New Year's Resolutions.

But don't read about it here on Farm-Raised, read about it over at Radish, where I wrote a piece for the September issued called "Out of Fashion: Weighing the Hidden Costs of Bargain Bin Apparel."

I had so much fun writing this piece.  First of all, it was a privilege to interview Elizabeth L. Cline, the author of The Shockingly High Cost of Cheap Fashion.  Secondly, a lot of the ideas that went into the article were teased out right here on this blog.  Thanks for being my sounding board. :)

Paul Colletti took this photograph for Radish and I think the spread is rather hilarious.  It cracks me up because I took all three kids to the studio along with me for the shoot.  The boys were into it, but Sintayehu was extraordinarily cranky throughout the process and was literally screaming at my feet while Paul snapped photos.  I think the look on my face is about what you'd expect considering the situation.  Ha!  At the time it was a teeny-tiny bit frustrating, but looking back it makes for a great story!




Feel free to read the article by clicking here.  Thanks!!

3 comments:

  1. Love this picture. I feel like this is probably what I look like on most days, but trying to smile a bit more! Great article and I would love to borrow the book sometime. Thank you for this. Have a good weekend and enjoy the concert tonight. We are off to Iowa City for a Sunday school kick-off and then out to dinner thanks to my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great writing! [and your photo is too cute] You inspire others. I've been intrigued by the clothes diet since I read your January resolution and wondered if I can do it and what I would learn. I think I'm ready...?!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?