9/13/12

After-school Art

My blogging efforts have been a bit lackluster this month, but I thought I'd pop back in to say that things are going well.  We're all settling into a nice school/work routine and are enjoying life.  We've been spending a lot of time with our neighbors -- between our two families we have two 2nd graders, one 1st grader, one kindergartner and two pre-schoolers!  This makes for a lot of fun!  Today, we had a play date at our house.  First there was chalk drawing on the table and an after-school snack.  Then I got out the art supplies and put the kids to work.  Our elementary school is having a yearbook cover contest, so we talked about book covers and then they each worked on their own.  I took my camera off of auto and had fun trying to capture the moment.  As you can see, there were many interpretations for the yearbook cover.  I was impressed with our friends' attention to detail and I got a kick out of Eli's caption: "School is fun."  (I'm glad he thinks so!)  I also thought it appropriate that Oliver's take on the project was to copy the cover of Jonathan Franzen's Freedom.  For some reason this makes sense.
I love these kids and I love all the color in these photos!










1 comment:

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?