3/13/12

Nobody's perfect, right?

So I broke my resolution.  I bought a pair of shoes.  I feel the need to apologize.  And then to explain myself.

In a moment of weakness, I went to the Salvation Army. 

It's my favorite thrift store. 

I haven't been there since December.  December!

I was driving by and I couldn't resist. 

"I'll just shop for Sintayehu," I told myself. 

I started in the kids section.  I found an adorable pair of pants for her.  They were blue-tag (on sale) for 45 cents.  Less than one dollar--I am not making that up.

But then I meandered a bit.

And I ended up buying these: 


For $2. 

They were brand new.  Tags still on. 

My size.

Two dollars, I hardly think that counts, right?


Okay.  I have to be honest. 


I also bought this dress:


Navy blue and white.  Seriously.  Isn't it adorable?

It, too, was $2.  TWO DOLLARS!  How could I resist?

So I broke my New Year's Resolution.

I am shamed.

But only sort of.

I love my new purchases and I'm only out $4.

And being there...in the midst of all of that thrift and potential...

I must say I had a great time!  I felt so alive!!  (I jest.)

(Sort of.)

4 comments:

  1. Love the shoes, love the dress, love the prices. Resolutions were made to be broken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Resolutions can be useful, but the strictness, the rigidity can be problematic. Btw, if you're feeling really guilty about the dress, let me buy it from you at 2x the price :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, if it is any consolation, I have given up buying a number of things thinking of your resolution!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?