12/9/14

Tip Tuesday



After not buying clothing (or home goods) for a year several years ago, I have a whole new appreciation for thrift and creativity. Case in point: Christmas bows. I like pretty packages. I don't like spending money. Here's what we came with. 

Step 1: Take fabric from an old DIY project that you know you'll never actually do and use the material to make simple bows. 

These were thrifted flannel pajama pants that I was going to make into infinity scarves two years ago. It didn't happen. Instead, I cut slits along the edges of the fabric so that I could make long strips for bows.


Step 2. Rip the fabric into long strips. (Don't overthink it.)



Step 3. Enlist a helper if you can. (This is not necessary but it does make it more fun.)



Step 4. Gather the dozens of bows you made with little effort or cash. Wrap around pretty paper. (Or newspaper—why not?!)



Step 5. Use the money that you might have spent on bows and buy yourself a peppermint mocha. Or start saving for a goat.

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?