1/27/14

Januaries

As I've mentioned, I get a little erratic in January. In my search of peace and contentedness over the last couple of weeks I have seriously considered getting another tattoo as well as changing my name. Though I decided against both, I proceeded to stalk local furniture stores thinking that perhaps a new couch is what I need to usher happiness back to my life. I know, I know. I wander around stores or spend aimless time held captive online and, after the momentary high, I feel gross. I struggle, dear reader. In fact, at the moment, we are this close to getting a cat and I think it might be related to the Januaries.

In the meantime, here's what helps...

Afternoon lattes made by someone else and picked up in the drive-thru:


The burning flame of a candle:


A good book:


Planning and enjoying a 4-yr-old birthday pony party:


Wine helps tremendously during the 9-11 p.m. hours, but not so much the 6:30 a.m. hour:



Fresh flowers in bright colors:


And of course family and friends and the three little people that I adore. It's really not so bad.



4 comments:

  1. LOVE you and your januaries!!! come sew with me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know what else would be perfect? A homemade doughnut from the Tipton Bakery! Just sayin'... :) Love you! T-minus 24 days until Vegas, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe that YOU are considering a cat. I feel like I just don't know you anymore...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?