1/29/14

Painted Pants

My mother-in-law is ridiculously talented and very generous, so it was no surprise that when Eli asked for a pair of Skylander pants, she delivered within days. We gave Grandma Ruby a pair of Eli's jeans, showed her a picture of the Skylanders (a recent obsession), and this is what she came up with:



Fantastic, right?

She makes it look so easy! Inspired by her, I decided to take a pair of Sintayehu's hand-me-downs and do some painting.  I love my polka-dot jeans (Target) and set out to fashion some for Sintayehu. 



I had some red fabric paint lying around from when I painted tea towels one year for Christmas and used the remainder of that. My paintbrush? The eraser end of a pencil:




After the jeans were painted and dry, I ironed them, as per Ruby's advice. And voila! 
Cute painted pants for my two littlest!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my these are SO adorable Leslie! We should get together and just paint all day some day. Or week. Or month. whenever you have free time. let me know when THAT happens!!! love you so much!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?