The backyard is looking pretty good! I planted more flowers this year and it's really starting to look nice, I think. We have our perennials, plus a bunch of pots and annuals that I planted as well. It's all rather pleasant.
I think I mentioned that we harvested some service berries that we were able to eat and enjoy for the first time. We planted the bush several years ago and enjoyed the bright red berries this year. (The birds also enjoyed them...there will be no jam.)
Our lettuce is gangbusters. I have been enjoying a salad with blueberries, sunflower seeds, goat cheese and vinaigrette for lunch almost every day for the past week.
The raspberries look like they're going to be plentiful.
And the veggies and herbs, though a bit weedy, are looking like they're going to do well. Yay!
All of this was shaping up to provide the perfect backdrop for another beautiful garden party with friends and cocktails and fresh, delicious food....
....that is, until Jake went shopping for a kiddie pool and came back with a 12-footer!! (I believe he was inspired by this family.) Our patio, my friends, has disappeared!!
Though the garden party may have to wait, the pool has been a huge hit. The kids have spent hours in it every day since Friday when we filled it up. I have enjoyed lounging in a chair poolside, listening to them laugh and watching them play. I suppose garden parties can wait for a few years; childhood is fleeting and my kids are crazy happy with the new addition to the backyard.


We ALWAYS had a pool while growing up, and it was heavenly! You will get so much out of Jake's impulse buy. =)
ReplyDeleteOo, and as an added bonus, swimming and playing in a pool all day usually tires out the little ones so much, bedtime is a breeze, leaving Mommy and Daddy with precious "grown up time" to enjoy together. Hey, I'm sure the neighbors would never notice if you two did a little skinny dipping....tee hee hee!
ReplyDeleteHe was perhaps inspired to have cleaner water too. And I love the pool toys! You will love this. Sometimes even Jared gets in.
ReplyDelete