Let's not talk about where the sunshine went or the fact that I'm so cold I'm wearing a fleece bathrobe over my clothes right now. Instead, let's focus on the fact that it's the weekend!
Here are some Friday facts:
—Tonight we'll enjoy dinner with Jake's parents. I'm hoping Front Street Brewery for fish tacos!
—Sintayehu got invited to her first friend birthday party this weekend. I'm looking forward to accompanying her.
—The boys had a piano recital last night. It was precious. Eli seemed to have an especially good time. He told me this morning: "I want to do the recital again. We don't even have to go out for ice cream afterwards. I just want to play again." Oliver wore a killer outfit that he picked out himself, making me think that one day he'll play in some sort of English punk band or something.
—The kids have a track meet on Sunday afternoon. I hope the weather cooperates.
—Last weekend, while watching the boys at track practice, Sintayehu "did" my hair with Vaseline that she pulled out of my purse. I will admit to trying all sorts of alternative skin and haircare remedies, but I draw the line here. I've been fighting grease all week and am really hoping that I can wear my hair down again at some point this weekend.
—I learned to flavor salt this week. I made sriracha salt, basil salt, and citrus salt for an article I'm writing for July. It was so much fun that I've decided if the freelancer/stay-at-home mom thing doesn't work out, I shall become an artisanal salt maker.
—May your weekend be merry!
I'm looking for a new piano teacher for Clarissa. Would you give me some info on where you go for lessons?
ReplyDelete