It's Snow Day No. 2 and the beginning of break for the kids! The sugar cookie dough is waiting to be rolled out; the lemon cookie dough mixed and ready to bake. Oliver is outside, Elihu upstairs, and Sintayehu next to me threatening to sabotage this post with curious fingers. I got out and shoveled snow this crisp, cold morning and am now enjoying a cup of coffee and a relatively peaceful house.
The next few days before Christmas will go quickly, I'm sure. Tonight I am looking forward to heading to a friend's house for a ladies' night. At some point we'll load up in the car and take an evening drive to look at Christmas lights. I need to wrap gifts. I believe I've heard talk of Jake and Oliver going to see The Hobbit, a book that Oliver finished this week. And then feasting! And family! I'm looking forward to it all.
I did not get Christmas cards out this year. I'm thinking Valentine's Day? Groundhog's Day? Who knows. I do love going to the mailbox everyday this time of year though. This might have been a good shot to print and mail.
I don't know about you, but this year, more than ever before, I am grasping the meaning of this season. God born into this world. His love and his example of how to live in this world are overwhelming. I feel desperate for this Love. Sigh...
"Celebrate God all day, every day. Revel in him! Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Sense God's wholeness....Meditate on true things, those that are noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious--the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not curse..." (The Message)

Amen to your comments about the meaning of the season. I love the excerpt you shared from The Message as well. I am humbled and thankful that our God came in the fullness of time to a sin-wrecked globe to give us a way to be reconciled to Him. Thank you baby Jesus!
ReplyDeleteIt's a two year degree program, usually divided into five semesters. ll understand what you have to do in order to solve your basic problems. Physical therapist or physiotherapist is a really captivating career in the field of medicine.
ReplyDeleteMy web-site ; Depression in kids