I cannot believe that it's already May and that four months have passed since making these resolutions. I'm honestly not sure I've ever stuck with a resolution for this long. I think writing about it here helps keep me accountable.
Resolution #1: The Great American Apparel Diet (No buying clothes or items for my home.)
Success! I didn't purchase a single item of apparel OR anything for our home. Instead, I mended! When my favorite pair of leggings ripped, I sewed them. Before I would have most certainly gone out and purchased a new pair to replace the old ones. Not this time! I spent five minutes mending the hole and they are like new. I think part of the reason I didn't purchase anything in April was because it turned out to be so busy. I didn't have time to think about/dream about new purchases, nor did I have time to go shopping. I'm also de-cluttering and getting rid of things around the house for our upcoming garage sale. It feels good.
We've booked a couple of fun trips for this summer--12 days in NYC, Chicago with my mom, a wedding in Lake Geneva with Jake, a weekend with girlfriends in Naperville, and a trip to the Twin Cities to meet my new "niece." Knowing that all of this is coming up is hugely motivating. I'm saving my money for travel and experiences with family and friends!! Not buying clothing or items for our home has also freed up funds for things like ADVENTUREbalm, of course! :-)
Resolution #2: Live and Let Live. (Learn to be at peace with my decisions as well as the decisions of others.)
I was faced with a big decision this month. The decision was really a no-brainer, but it brought some disappointment and I had to live with it. I think it was helpful that I had been practicing this very thing for four months. I'm learning to live with my decisions and the decisions of others without as much guilt or angst. Honestly though, I feel like I see other people living life so happily, letting things that I would stew about simply roll off their back. There is not doubt that I'm a work in progress. Am I the only one?
![]() |
| The one that got away... |
I cannot believe that it's already May and that four months have passed since making these resolutions. I'm honestly not sure I've ever stuck with a resolution for this long. I think writing about it here helps keep me accountable.
Resolution #1: The Great American Apparel Diet (No buying clothes or items for my home.)
Success! I didn't purchase a single item of apparel OR anything for our home. Instead, I mended! When my favorite pair of leggings ripped, I sewed them. Before I would have most certainly gone out and purchased a new pair to replace the old ones. Not this time! I spent five minutes mending the hole and they are like new. I think part of the reason I didn't purchase anything in April was because it turned out to be so busy. I didn't have time to think about/dream about new purchases, nor did I have time to go shopping. I'm also de-cluttering and getting rid of things around the house for our upcoming garage sale. It feels good.
We've booked a couple of fun trips for this summer--12 days in NYC, Chicago with my mom, a wedding in Lake Geneva with Jake, a weekend with girlfriends in Naperville, and a trip to the Twin Cities to meet my new "niece." Knowing that all of this is coming up is hugely motivating. I'm saving my money for travel and experiences with family and friends!! Not buying clothing or items for our home has also freed up funds for things like ADVENTUREbalm, of course! :-)
Resolution #2: Live and Let Live. (Learn to be at peace with my decisions as well as the decisions of others.)
I was faced with a big decision this month. The decision was really a no-brainer, but it brought some disappointment and I had to live with it. I think it was helpful that I had been practicing this very thing for four months. I'm learning to live with my decisions and the decisions of others without as much guilt or angst. Honestly though, I feel like I see other people living life so happily, letting things that I would stew about simply roll off their back. There is not doubt that I'm a work in progress. Am I the only one?

Can't wait to see you and Jake at that wedding!
ReplyDelete12 days in NYC sounds like a dream!!!! And NO, you're not the only one!
ReplyDelete