5/1/12

“Ask yourself before your next major decision ‘If I were a character in a story, what decision would make the story more interesting?’ You’ll be surprised at how differently you feel about the decision. You’ll weigh excitement over safety, risk over comfort. You’ll likely decide to love people more, quit your job, bring home roses, leap off the cliff into the water and so on. Great characters in exciting stories don’t sit around on the couch playing it safe. They get up, move, try, fail and risk it all again. Living a great story costs something. People who live great stories know failure isn’t a judgment, it’s an education.”

--Donald Miller

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU. I can't tell you how perfect this is in its timing. Matt and I have been agonizing these past few days over whether or not to renew our lease on our current place for another year. While there are things we love, there are lots of things we don't. We both want to move on, but we are reluctant to let our current place go. What if we don't find something we like more? You know what, you just pushed me over the fence. We're moving!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Donald Miller. All the time. I sometimes wish I would have met him (not literally) earlier in my life. However, he probably wasn't born yet. Anyway, he always moves me. love him. love you more. love your story. And mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this. We are still talking about adopting again. This makes me really want to do it again...

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?