How did I do in March?
Resolution #1: Live and Let Live. (Learn to be at peace with my decisions as well as the decisions of others.)
I'm not sure I'll ever fully let this attitude prevail. I dream of a zen-state of love and peace and forgiveness every moment of the day. The reality is that when you love deeply, you can't help but be wrapped up in the choices of others. Do you know what I mean? I would imagine that as a parent this gets even harder as kids get older. When they are given the freedom to make their own choices and experience their own failures amid the triumphs, it must be hard to give up control and let their lives happen. I'm thankful my own mother stood by and watched me experience the world on my own, but looking back it must have been hard to do at times. (I certainly made more than one questionable choice!) It's probably a good thing I've begun practicing now.
Have I lived gracefully with my own choices this month? I think so, but not without a new personal mantra (more on that another day). I do find that this resolution serves as a good reminder to make my decision and then cast off guilt and second guessing. Live your life, Leslie, lose the guilt, let God fill in the cracks. Again, I'm a work in progress.
Resolution #2: The Great American Apparel Diet (No buying clothes or items for my home.)
Well, we all know that there was a tiny slip this month. :-) Thank you for your kind comments. I agree that at times rules are made to be broken. I don't want to be so stringent with rules that I inhibit my ability to enjoy the goodness and fun of life! I have worn both the shoes and the dress often and happily.
I am typically an "occasion shopper" and am happy to report that I wore a dress from my closet to my cousin's wedding. I also made it in and out of an H&M over spring break without buying anything for myself.
There is something that I've been obsessing about for our kitchen. I have convinced myself that I want/need/have to have a combination coffee/espresso maker. Despite the fact that a good one can cost hundreds of dollars, I've begun to rationalize and look at our budget for ways to swing this. A latte in the afternoon while Sinta naps? Delightful. A cappuccino on the porch on Sunday morning? Perfection.
After scheming and dreaming and scouring online reviews, I remembered my resolution. And guess what? Yesterday, I made my own latte. I made extra strong coffee in the French Press, heated up some almond milk on the stove, used a little frother tool we had in our drawer...and voila! I enjoyed a homemade afternoon latte on the porch while Sinta napped cozily in her crib.
Resolution #1: Live and Let Live. (Learn to be at peace with my decisions as well as the decisions of others.)
I'm not sure I'll ever fully let this attitude prevail. I dream of a zen-state of love and peace and forgiveness every moment of the day. The reality is that when you love deeply, you can't help but be wrapped up in the choices of others. Do you know what I mean? I would imagine that as a parent this gets even harder as kids get older. When they are given the freedom to make their own choices and experience their own failures amid the triumphs, it must be hard to give up control and let their lives happen. I'm thankful my own mother stood by and watched me experience the world on my own, but looking back it must have been hard to do at times. (I certainly made more than one questionable choice!) It's probably a good thing I've begun practicing now.
Have I lived gracefully with my own choices this month? I think so, but not without a new personal mantra (more on that another day). I do find that this resolution serves as a good reminder to make my decision and then cast off guilt and second guessing. Live your life, Leslie, lose the guilt, let God fill in the cracks. Again, I'm a work in progress.
Resolution #2: The Great American Apparel Diet (No buying clothes or items for my home.)
Well, we all know that there was a tiny slip this month. :-) Thank you for your kind comments. I agree that at times rules are made to be broken. I don't want to be so stringent with rules that I inhibit my ability to enjoy the goodness and fun of life! I have worn both the shoes and the dress often and happily.
I am typically an "occasion shopper" and am happy to report that I wore a dress from my closet to my cousin's wedding. I also made it in and out of an H&M over spring break without buying anything for myself.
There is something that I've been obsessing about for our kitchen. I have convinced myself that I want/need/have to have a combination coffee/espresso maker. Despite the fact that a good one can cost hundreds of dollars, I've begun to rationalize and look at our budget for ways to swing this. A latte in the afternoon while Sinta naps? Delightful. A cappuccino on the porch on Sunday morning? Perfection.
After scheming and dreaming and scouring online reviews, I remembered my resolution. And guess what? Yesterday, I made my own latte. I made extra strong coffee in the French Press, heated up some almond milk on the stove, used a little frother tool we had in our drawer...and voila! I enjoyed a homemade afternoon latte on the porch while Sinta napped cozily in her crib.

Next time we visit I'd like to try one of your lattes, please :-)
ReplyDelete