My assignment for the February Radish was exceptionally fun. I got to make my own lip balm and write about it! I found and tweaked two different recipes that yielded fantastic results. Who knew DIY lip balm was so simple? I gathered supplies, ordered some cute tins for the finished product and spent an afternoon trying out different recipes. (You can re-use old chapstick containers rather than ordering new, but seriously, have you ever actually finished a tube of chapstick? I have not. I typically lose it long before it's used up!)
I also took photos of the process and earned my first photo credit! (Out of about 350 pictures -- of lip balm, mind you -- I had about 12 that I felt were worthy of submission. Still learning...)
Here are some of the outakes:
Read the article here and let me know if you give it a try at home!
I also took photos of the process and earned my first photo credit! (Out of about 350 pictures -- of lip balm, mind you -- I had about 12 that I felt were worthy of submission. Still learning...)
Here are some of the outakes:
![]() |
| (I might have embellished the containers just a teensy bit.) |


Those are the cutest lip balm tins I have ever seen. (So glad I have a birthday coming up :D ).
ReplyDeleteAunt Joan
I just HOPE I am a beloved family member who might be receiving a sample for valentines day?
ReplyDeleteLove the article. Your words always make me smile! :)
ReplyDelete