I really enjoyed writing the essay that I contributed to this month's Radish Magazine. Its main idea stems from Pope John Paul the XIII's Daily Decalogue, primarily focusing on this quote:
"Indeed, for 12 hours I can certainly do what might cause me consternation were I to believe I had to do it all my life," he writes.
This piece was due back in November, so I've done a fair amount of thinking over the last few months about resolutions and my hopes for 2012. I have a few ideas that I'll share in another post, but overall I've just sincerely enjoyed reflecting on my life, my values, and the person I've become. I'm kind of a serious person, I suppose, so this sort of reflection appeals to me and it was fun to be asked to buckle down and do some examining.
For now, I hope you'll read this article. And I hope that it brings some peace to you as we jump into a bright new year.
"Indeed, for 12 hours I can certainly do what might cause me consternation were I to believe I had to do it all my life," he writes.
This piece was due back in November, so I've done a fair amount of thinking over the last few months about resolutions and my hopes for 2012. I have a few ideas that I'll share in another post, but overall I've just sincerely enjoyed reflecting on my life, my values, and the person I've become. I'm kind of a serious person, I suppose, so this sort of reflection appeals to me and it was fun to be asked to buckle down and do some examining.
For now, I hope you'll read this article. And I hope that it brings some peace to you as we jump into a bright new year.
Loved the article!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful article. Thank you from someone who very well may wear the same thing every day and is glad that isn't a problem for you. Peace and goodness.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete