9/15/10

WE GOT THE CALL!!!!

Can you feel me shaking??

It’s been nearly six days since I heard the phone ring, listened to the words of our social worker (“I have some information for you…”) and laid eyes on the picture and I still can’t believe it’s true!! After nearly four years of talking, one year of paperwork, and nearly two years of waiting, we have been introduced to our daughter.

She’s eight months old. She’s alert. She’s active. She’s heartbreakingly beautiful.

Jake, Oliver, Elihu and I are over-the-moon excited.

I’ll fill you in with details later. We still have a long road in front of us. But, my goodness, her picture! Her eyes! Dear reader, we’re going to have a daughter!!

For right now, I’m reveling in the fact that this morning we accepted the referral for a baby girl.

PRAISE BE!!


How on earth do I begin to express our joy, ridiculous amounts of happiness, and sunshine?

15 comments:

  1. WOO HOO!!!! I'm SO happy for you guys!!!! What a blessing. I can't wait to see her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. and how on earth do i begin to express my sheer happiness for all of you.
    congratulations. you have a daughter.
    wow.
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  3. More tears. Just the most wonderful news. I am just going to start saving/collecting clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so, so excited for you! i know that feeling well!
    can't wait to see her beautiful face!
    praying for a quick court date!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bet you feel like a heavy weight has been lifted! Smiling for you...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happiness!! I am thrilled for you...thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! What wonderful news! I'm so happy for all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Already told you this, but I am beyond overjoyed for you guys. Beyond. Blessings to you in the journey ahead...can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations! And hoping you get to travel with dear friends of ours who started waiting and also received their referral on the same dates as you!

    Tiffany (friend of Tesi's - we met briefly at her house when we were down there for water to wine)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a friend of Tiffany Bobendrier, and she told me about your blog. My husband and I got our referral on the same day as you. We too have waited since we submitted our dossier on October 31. Wouldn't it be cool if we could travel at the same time to get our little ones? Ours is a boy about 5 months old. Maybe they are together! :) I'm going to follow your blog to hear your stories and share in the journey....you are welcome to mine as well. :) It's www.dangieland.com.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?