The great thing about being in your 30s, I believe, is that you not only begin to know yourself, but you begin to pay attention to the things that make you happy and bring you joy. You begin to recognize the moment you’ve landed in your sweet spot and, hopefully, you do your best to revisit the sweetness as often as you can.
For me, contentedness comes when I'm creating. I like engaging in creative projects and I like using my hands. I love doing these things with my children, but I also like to practice on my own. For instance, I decoupaged a paper mache deer over the holidays while watching Netflix. I’ve gathered the supplies to make lavender scented linen spray and yesterday I made candles. The process leaves me such peace.
I love the feeling of total concentration and engagement as I use my hands and mind to muse and create. Pouring soy wax into a pan and stirring it as it liquefies feels like meditation. It requires just enough of my mind that everything but the moment melts away. It’s a prayer that has no words; the quiet, the rhythm of turning something inconsequential into something beautiful connects me to God and softens me to the universe.

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?