I tend to be an enthusiastic crafter this time of year, which can sometimes lead to a bit of, well, crazy. (Read this post from a few years ago when I was on overdrive!) This year I've toned it down a bit but still managed some fun gifts for friends and neighbors. I thought I'd share them here in case you were looking for something similar to do this weekend or maybe with the kids in the days ahead.
This barely classifies as handmade or homemade, but it's fun nonetheless. I love gifting friends and hosts with wine during this season and thought I'd spruce up the bottle a bit this year. I ordered these 4x6 stickers at Vistaprint and affixed them to the wine we have been gifting. Fun!

I always like to give small gifts to our neighbors and this year made a huge batch of granola and packaged it in cute tins that I found at the thrift store. The kids will deliver them next week as a token of neighborliness and cheer. The recipe is from my lovely friend Leslie. I'm sure she won't mind that I'm posting it here. The bulk makes this perfect for sharing!
Granola
42 oz. oats
12 oz. wheat germ
2 cups raisins
2 cups chopped walnuts (I threw in some almonds as well)
2 cups grape nuts cereal
7 oz water
3 oz. olive oil
3 oz. honey (pop this in the microwave for 30 seconds or so to make it easier to stir in)
Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes.
(This made enough for nine gifts plus one bowl that I ate for breakfast!)
![]() |
| (I'll have to grab a few more tins this weekend.) |
As I thrifted for tins, I came across these little mugs. Aren't they adorable? I'm actually not sure what to do with them (we have plenty of mugs!), but couldn't pass them up!
Our weekend looks to be a good one. We have a work holiday party tonight and Jake's sister comes into town on Sunday! I hope yours is wonderful!



Of course I don't! :) Love those mugs. I wouldn't have been able to pass them up either.
ReplyDelete