12/30/14

Home for the Holidays

[Disclaimer: Because this blog is also a baby book of sorts, I am about to bombard you with holiday photos.]

By now we have a rhythm to our holidays. We spend Christmas Eve day visiting my grandmother and an assortment of aunts/uncles/cousins. We head to Mass and then have dinner with my mom and step-dad (oyster stew—yum!). After a bit of music and a final bite of dessert, the kids change into their PJ's and we drive home late. We all stumble into bed and then wake up early to celebrate at home and then head across town to Jake's family. We fall into bed tired on Christmas night and then wake up to Eli's birthday preparations. This year we had a family party on the 26th and a friend party on the 27th. By the 28th, which is our wedding anniversary, we have a final ounce of energy left to celebrate. It's a magical week with lots to be thankful for.

The kids put on a bit of a recital on Christmas Eve. The boys played duets with their grandma and Sintayehu recited her entire preschool Christmas program. ;-)





Christmas morning!





^^ It was so great to be able to play outside on Christmas day ^^

Christmas day at Papa and Ruby's—I guess I was too busy chatting with my lovely in-laws and niece/nephews to take photos...


We got to bring our niece Dailah home with us on Christmas night for a sleepover! She and Eli got up early and decorated the cake for the birthday party! 


Eli (8!) and his Aunt Kait (28) share a birthday. It was so much fun to celebrate both of them!





(Eli's "friend" party deserves a post of its own.)

And finally. 12 years ago...

1 comment:

  1. So many things I want to say...

    Happy Birthday, Eli!

    Happy Birthday, Kait! You get more gorgeous every time I see you.

    Happy Anniversary!! I can't believe it's been 12 years! It seems like just yesterday that Jake came back to work after Christmas break and told us he has gotten married! :P

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?