11/3/14

Shhh.....

I'm going to let you in on a secret. We haven't sold a whole lot of raffle tickets for the Jason Wu clutch (valued at $1300!!). So, if you purchase a ticket now, your chances of winning are about 1 in 20. Not bad, I'd say!! Please consider going and buying a ticket or two HERE. (1 for $10/3 for $25.) And remember, ALL of that money goes directly to The Adventure Project so that they can train well mechanics in Uganda, not only lifting people out of extreme poverty, but providing clean water to HUNDREDS who are currently without. (Can you imagine life without clean water? I can't even...) I'm not asking you to consider this because the clutch is beautiful (though it is), I'm asking you because a raffle is fun and to many of us $10 is rather inconsequential and because your donation will be an act of generosity that will make your soul feel good and will be of enormous help to a brother or sister across the globe. Especially if you cannot attend the party, this would be an amazing way to contribute to the movement. (You don't have to be present to win and if you're not local, we'll have it delivered.)

Let's take a moment. Here she is:


The truth in ten words or less: the Water Party has me slightly harried these days. But I can honestly say I've never been more excited. We have the most incredible group of women and community supporters working to make this event a huge success. What these extraordinary people are busy doing makes me teary. People are creating art for the auction. Friends are being brave and asking businesses for support. Businesses are putting love before profit and pitching in. Adults are buying an extra bottle of wine every time they go to the grocery to donate to the wine pull. Knitters are knitting. My sister-in-law Emily can't stop buying chocolate and copper cups and kitchenware and everything else you'd ever want in a silent auction basket. It's remarkable what a thoughtful, capable, passionate group of people can get done.

I was talking to the kids about the whole ordeal tonight. We had gone to four different places to pick up supplies/donations right after school. When we got home, I re-heated some leftover pizza and started organizing for our Wednesday night craft party (we'll assemble baskets, etc.). I have to confess, the three of them have been faced with a slightly distracted mom. However, I don't feel all that guilty about it. In fact, I kind of love that they're witnessing passion in action. We'll probably eat simply again tomorrow night and I would guess that I'll send multiple texts and answer a thousand water-related emails in their presence. We'll definitely be running after-school errands. It'll be exhausting and exhilarating and they'll see it all.

As I explained to Oliver, Eli, and Sintayehu and will now tell you: "My feets is tired, but my soul is rested." Help make it all even more worth it, dear readers! Consider buying a ticket today! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Leslie, I love hearing about this event. What a blessing for you to do it! Godspeed tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?