Hands down, one of my favorite things about this season is baking and eating apple cake. I use my Great Auntie Ev's recipe (shared with me by my grandma) and it's always a huge crowd pleaser. The thing about this cake is that it's deceptive. The sweet and salt make it seem kind of complicated, but it's ridiculously easy to make and it miraculously only requires one bowl, making clean-up a cinch. If you've got two decent-size apples lying around, I bet you have everything you need to make this cake. You'll love it!
![]() |
| Notes: 1. The batter is made for lickin'. 2. The cake can be enjoyed plain but is even better with whipped creme, ice cream, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar. |
Great Auntie Ev's Apple Cake
Mix together by hand: 3 eggs (beaten) and 1 3/4 cup sugar.
Add 1 cup oil and stir. Add 2 cups of flour, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda. Stir.
Stir in 2 cups of peeled, chopped apples.
Grease 9X13 pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
![]() |
| Love it even more in my Gram's handwriting! |





Missing you and your family and wishing I had 2 apples lying around for cake baking...
ReplyDeleteI have 2 apples lying around but I don't have those adorable children to help me!
ReplyDeleteWas wanting to make an apple cake. Super excited to try this.
ReplyDelete