8/6/14

Sunday Supper: Rosemary + Popcorn

I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have everyone back under one roof! However, after reuniting and sharing stories and unpacking and doing mountains of laundry and getting back to work, neither Jake nor I have had a lot of energy leftover to cook. So, we've been eating simply, as we often do. So simply, in fact, it barely requires an explanation: A few nights over the past few weeks we've popped some popcorn and sprinkled it with fresh rosemary.

Rosemary is an easy herb to grow here in the Midwest and I find that it's quite useful. I love the way the piney needles smell and I love its strong, pungent flavor. It's a great addition to things like potatoes and chicken, and I sometimes chop it and mix it with goat cheese, honey, and sliced almonds to spread on crusty bread.  But, if you're tired or just in the mood to simply sit and relax or maybe your house is hot and you don't feel like turning on the oven, well then, skip the fuss and pass the popcorn—the perfect Sunday Supper!

(Thanks, Jen, for introducing me to this great little trick at your Little Library Party last summer!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?