3/7/14

Weekending

  • It's the weekend and, well, we're jumping right in!! This week has flown by, but not without a bit of drama—and I'm not talking about the insistent snow (blurg). I actually got into a fender-bender on Tuesday after picking the kids up from school and am happy to put that bit of stress behind me! (I hate driving. I'm thankful no one was hurt.) 
  • I'm ready to relax! Tonight we get to celebrate my sweet nephew's 10th birthday and tomorrow I'll get gussied up and head out to my cousin's bachlorette party! Mindy's getting married! I'm so happy for her! 
  • Lent has begun and it makes me want to burn incense, sit, and ponder all day long. I adore this season of slow. I know I've posted this before, but my goodness, it still resonates. Words by William Channing: To live content with small means. To seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion. To be worthy not respectable, and wealthy not rich. To study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly, to listen to stars, birds, babes, and sages with open heart, to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasions, hurry never. In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious, grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony. May your weekend be babes and sages and everything that brings you goodness and joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?