1/17/14

Weekending...

Well, friends, I have to be honest: I've got a case of the Januaries. I've been a little sad this week, for no particular reason, and haven't had much energy to do anything other than what's absolutely required of me. I guess I've dealt with SAD (seasonal affective disorder) for years and I try to be proactive about my mental health this time of year. (We have February and March trips to look forward to, I'm popping Vitamin D, exercising, and a few fun craft projects and recipes await, etc.). And yet here I am, with every blessing you could ask for, feeling blue. Sigh…

Maybe the events this weekend will inject a little life? We're hosting a small dinner tonight (I'm making this—yum!), the kids have basketball tomorrow morning, and Jake and I are going to a River Music Experience fundraiser on Saturday night with some of our lovies. Really, these things should be fun. And please don't worry about me. I just don't want to post all of life's little triumphs here on the blog without clueing you in on a few of the struggles as well. Thanks for the ear.


In case you're looking for something to read this weekend, you can find a few recent articles here:

I wrote this piece in November and you know what? Reading it now, I realize just how well I know myself. Maybe you'll relate? Read it HERE.

Before Christmas, I got to try hot yoga at a local studio for a Gold Book assignment. As you'll see in the article, I'm hooked! (Jake ended up getting me a punch card for Christmas—hooray!) Read about it HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Big hugs, mama! Hope you guys had a great weekend. It's hard not to have the Januaries right now. This winter has been BRUTAL. The good news? We have passed the nadar of winter (happens on Jamuary 16). That means that averge daily temps are actually rising. We are on our way to spring!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?