12/30/13

Eli is Seven!

I know, I know, everyone says this….but really, where does the time go? One day he's teeny tiny and dependent on you for everything and the next he's capable of baking a cake and reciting a poem! I don't know how it happens. I do know, however, that I am beyond blessed to be Eli's mom. He is sweet and he is challenging. He is smart and he is kind. He is generous and passionate. I love him to pieces.

He and Jake worked for HOURS on his birthday cake the day after Christmas:






The best kind of party that you can have two days after Christmas when everyone is tired and full is a sugar cereal party. We had six boxes of cereal for the kids and bagels and coffee for the adults. It was low-key and perfect!




Look at that grin! I couldn't choose just one picture to capture his day!





(This child has my heart. Annual birthday poem to come.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! SEVEN!?!?! I can't believe it.

    Happy, Happy Birthday, Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You throw the coolest parties :-) Happy Birthday to Eli!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Eli (a bit late). A cereal party! What a great idea. And I love the blue nail polish. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?