For the last four years, on the Monday night before the Wine to Water party, we have a different kind of party...a craft party! Wonderful women fill my home and get down to work for water. I love it because a lot of my worlds collide—different pockets of lovely friends come together, we make things (I love to make things!), and we satisfy a bent toward social justice by doing it in order to raise money for others. I absolutely love it! Everyone pitches in on the supplies and on Saturday night the craft table will likely yield well over $1,000 for The Adventure Project! It really requires little thought…we all have fun, we drink wine, we catch-up and we make things….and we do it for a purpose bigger than ourselves. Really, there's little that could be better! Look at all these lovely ladies!
And here's what we made. For the most part, we stuck with the "Just Add Water" theme and created items that just need a little water in order to be really great. We are so lucky to have access to clean water. All we have to do is turn on the tap…and TA DA! Clean water for things like soup, hot cocoa, tea, baths and hygiene. It's a bit of a miracle if you think about it.
Sip: Tea and Peppermint Cocoa ($10/jar)
Soup: Curried Lentil and Three-Bean Barley ($15/jar :: 2 for $25)
Soak: Lavender Bath Salts and Citrus Sugar Scrub (new this year and I love it!) ($10/jar)
We also made soy wax candles using upcycled teacups. I'm obsessed with them. ($25 each)
You can find all of this and more at Saturday night's event!

I'll be sending you my Christmas order...
ReplyDeleteI wish I could shop the craft table - I want so many of your items, both for myself and to give as gifts this holiday season!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Erin...I want to shop this stuff!! You ladies are amazing.
ReplyDeleteThese are completely amazing. Love the labels, the items, love it all! Amazing event.
ReplyDelete