9/30/13

Weekending...

On Saturday morning we woke up to glorious sunshine. Since Jake went in to work super early and everyone was already up, we decided to hit the skate park. (Early mornings are a great time to go because the serious skaters aren't there yet.) It was lovely. Feeling sassy, I wore the hot pants that my mother-in-law got me for my birthday. Sassy!


 There's Jake! I feel like he hasn't been pictured on the blog in awhile. Handsome as ever, I say!


 The kids had a great time. We had a great time drinking coffee and watching them.



Sinta got pretty mad at me when I refused to let her ride down the side of the big bowl. Mean mom.





Eli leading a pack of scooters.


 After a quick trip to the library and a few other stops, we met Jake's parents, brother, and our nephews and niece for lunch. We ate outside and watched the sailboats on the river. Lovely! 



 And that was the last picture I took. We went home and I told Jake that I was either really sore from taking a Body Pump class on Friday or that I was getting the flu. After sleeping through the Iowa game, three episodes of Boardwalk Empire, and Saturday Night Live, I'd say the latter was true. Grrrr...I hate being sick. But then today I once again woke up to glorious sunshine. And even though I'm still a little sniffly, I'm trying hard to embrace this posture this week:

"Hello, sun in my face. Hello, you who made the morning and spread it over the fields...Watch, now, how I start the day in happiness, in kindness.” 
~ Mary Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?