If you have some excess herbs in your garden or that you've picked up at the farmers' market and you're wondering what to do with them, allow me to suggest using them to flavor salt. I first came across finishing salts when I was researching DIY Father's Day gift ideas on Etsy. I was intrigued right away, and then, while perusing the aisles in a little grocery in Rome over Spring Break, I noticed shelf after shelf of infused salts. After that trip, I decided to do a little experimenting and came up with some recipes and combinations that I think are just great.
Ultimately, I pitched this as an article after falling in love with the idea and the process. In the name of research, I've made several different types of infused salts: Sriracha salt, basil salt, rosemary salt, citrus salt, rosemary-citrus salt...you get the idea. It couldn't be easier or more interesting and I've found that it's not only a nice addition to your summer supper table, but makes a lovely gift as well. For specific directions, click here! Happy infusing...and happy weekend!

Mmmm...I so need to try this. Thanks!
ReplyDelete