The tomatoes are looking and tasting great. We've had a ton of cherry tomatoes and have gotten a half dozen or so large tomatoes as well. The herbs (as you can see above—look at that basil! it's nuts!) are doing very well. We let the lettuce get overgrown, but hope to plant a fall crop later. The raspberries have been plentiful, but I haven't been able to get a photo because I swear they are gobbled up as soon as I pick them! My very favorite part of this year's garden is that I planted flowers specifically for the purpose of cutting. This brings me so much joy!!! (Sintayehu likes to pick vases of "sinta" flowers as well—I'm pretty sure this is a family trait.)
 |
| This bouquet features tarragon and parsley as fillers! |
 |
| Sintayehu likes to pluck marigolds and zinnias. (The baby's breath isn't from our garden, but from a bouquet Jake brought home from school.) |
We spent Sunday afternoon taking down the pool and doing yard work. As lovely as the above pictures are, our back yard also has a lot of weeds and trees with dying limbs. :) The rest of the weekend was lovely. We ate at the River House on Friday night, had lunch with Jake's parents on Saturday, and then enjoyed River Roots Live on Saturday night. I hope yours was lovely!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?