The boys started school yesterday! It was a great day. In fact, Eli declared it "the best first day of school I've ever had" and Oliver enjoyed his teacher's "no-nonsense" style. :-) We continue to be happy with our neighborhood school and look forward to a great year!
I have decided to join the PTA this year. I felt a little disconnected from the school last year and want to be a bit more involved, so I thought the PTA would be a great place to start. Part of the reason that I feel able to do this is because we've decided to put Sintayehu in daycare for two days a week. This, paired with her two mornings of preschool, will allow me to (hopefully) get all of my work done and have a few hours left over to volunteer.
I struggled a bit last year with the work/life balance (if that's really a thing). I have been working more than ever, but haven't really allowed for extra childcare. Instead, I have been trying to be Superwoman and do it all, without any help. The schedule proved unsustainable and this year, I hope to get my work done during the week so that I don't have to sacrifice family time on the weekend. (There will, of course, be some evenings that I will have to work after the kids go to bed, but that's okay with me.) I'm hopeful that this fall I'll be able to find a rhythm that allows me to be fully present with my family, as well as get the work that I enjoy done. It's a constant dance, isn't it? Trying to find the pace of life that's right for you... Seasons are fickle, and yet time keeps marching quickly on. I'm once again re-evaluating and re-prioritizing to make the most of what I have...How do you do it?
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?