6/11/13

Whirlwind!


This summer has been a whirlwind of excitement and activity! Hence a very quiet blog. I wanted to take a moment to check in though and say that we're getting along swimmingly. Here are a few highlights, just in case you were wondering....

  • Jake and I went to a party at a llama farm. I got a big kick out of this. Unfortunately, if you weigh more than 100 lbs., you are not allowed to ride a llama. I asked...for a friend.
  • We hosted a "friend" birthday party for Oliver. I hesitate to tell you that it was at Chuck E. Cheese. I have to admit that I love seeing my children happy, but it's not my favorite places on earth.
  • We celebrated Jake and Oliver's birthdays with my family in Tipton. It was a big family party complete with delicious food and chocolate birthday cake.
  • After the above party, we came back home and promptly celebrated my mother-in-law's birthday with another dinner and more dessert.
  • We celebrated Jake's 34th birthday with a terrific day of lounging and laughing and eating. I made him a key-lime birthday pie that I think made him very happy.  When it was all said and done, I think I ate something like six pieces of various forms of birthday dessert within five days. I am definitely not complaining.
  • I was called to jury duty and actually got to answer questions. I didn't make the team but the process was fascinating.
  • Sintayehu transitioned to a "big girl bed." It's the little things, people.
  • We hosted five cousins for a "cousin sleepover." It was a great time.
  • The kids and I have vacation bible school this week. I'm a helper in Eli's class. So fun!
  • We went to a memorial service for a dear family friend who passed away. Herb was in his eighties and lived a good life, but we were still sorry to say goodbye. I need to write a longer post about him. It was with him and his partner Nancy that Jake and I shared some of our most amazing meals. Here are just a few places that we dined with Herb while we lived in Chicago: Zealous, MK, Crofton on Wells, TRU and Spiaggia.  Can you believe that? He was a lovely, generous human being and we will remember him fondly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?