1/19/13

Last week...


We didn't escape the bug that seems to be terrorizing everyone we know.  Bleh.  Actually, it could have been worse.  Sintayehu came home from preschool on Tuesday with a fever and remained pretty cuddly the rest of the week.  Oliver came home from school on Wednesday and took a nap—highly unusual behavior.  We nursed fevers Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, but everyone seems much better today.  They really only suffered from fevers—no upset stomachs, which is a relief.  Thankfully, Jake, Eli and I have remained healthy.  (Knock on wood.)  Being homebound has its advantages, I suppose.  I got some crazy cleaning done while the sickies relaxed on the couch.  I bought Clorox and went nuts.  I did something like 7 loads of laundry in two days and I even organized cupboards and steam cleaned the wood floors—highly unusual behavior. :)

I got out of the house last night and took Eli on a date, which was such a treat.  We went to Toys R Us to pick out a birthday gift for his friend Chauncy whose party is today.  Eli spent some of his birthday money on a watch for himself and insisted on buying an Angry Bird slap bracelet for his brother.  It was so much fun to follow him around the toy store.  I took him to McDonalds for a Happy Meal and then picked up sushi for Jake and I to eat after the kids went to bed.  One of my favorite at-home dates with my husband is take-out sushi, a beer and some conversation.  We sit at the dining room table (instead of the kitchen) and I usually light a few candles.  I get the sense that we are right in the middle of the rush hour of our lives and always appreciate the moments of quiet together.  Happy weekend!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad they can wrap themselves up in all that love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, especially McDonalds. Glad everyone is better!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?