When my editor asked if I would write an article about coffee, I jumped at the chance. I love coffee and could wax poetic about the goodness of the beautiful, black morning brew. What I ended up writing though, was not an ode, but rather an in-depth look at the growing and labeling practices of coffee. In some ways, this was fascinating. In other ways, it was incredibly confusing and complex. It turns out that the coffee industry is rather nuanced and if you're looking for an ethically produced cup of coffee, there is A LOT of information to sift through. My eyes were definitely opened while researching this article and I am now a different consumer as a result. Looking for a quick overview of growing and labeling practices? Feel free to read the article HERE.
![]() |
| Photo taken at one of my favorite QC coffee houses/wine bars, Rozz-Tox. Courtesy of Radish Magazine. |

No comments:
Post a Comment
I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?