It was a delightful (and hot!) day. We got up this morning and headed down to the Brooklyn Bridge. We took a nice (hot) walk across and then got on the subway to explore the Williamsburg, Brooklyn area. It was great people watching and there was one particular comic book shop (Desert Island) that we really wanted to take the boys to, so it was really worth the trip to the neighborhood. At one point, Jake took the kids to a park and I got to visit two vintage clothing stores and a thrift store. So fun! I'm posting lots of photos here because the Brooklyn Bridge provides such a great backdrop. (You'll notice that in one photo Sintayehu is being pretty silly. After I snapped that particular photo, she threw her pokemon toy over the edge of the bridge. I was mortified--until I realized that the lane it landed in was closed to traffic. Thank God. I breathed a sigh of relief and then, like any good mommy blogger, documented the moment.) Tomorrow is the Fourth of July. It's also our nephew's 2nd birthday. Knowing this makes me want to teleport home for a few hours! Hope your day is fabulous!










First of all, you are being SO good about posting daily to share this trip with us. You're making me so jealous!
ReplyDeleteI guess there really isn't a "second of all." :P
hahahahaha! great pics! love love love! come home soon!
ReplyDelete(This is actually Jennie...posting from my mom's home computer and didn't want to log her out.)
ReplyDeleteOh my, all of these posts made me incredibly jealous...AND happy for you all! You look like you all just fit right in there! :) Don't get too comfy there, I don't want you packing up and moving far away! Can't wait to chat sometime...oh, and I never picked up my original Leslie Klipsch while you were gone. Maybe next week? Glad you had a great trip and are home safe!