8/31/11

Back to Work...


The September Radish is out and the article that I contributed was such fun to write!  I got to reminisce about Ollie and Eli when they were just a bit younger, do a bit of digging for new and creative ways to feed kids, and start making plans for Sinta's expanding palette.  The article features my experience with The Muffin Tin Mom Blog.  I love my job!


Speaking of my work, I am back at it.  Another freelancer and I are sharing a sitter and office space (my upstairs office, to be exact!) two days a week.  Our kids play downstairs with the sitter and the two of us sit upstairs and try our best to be productive.  I am so excited to be able to do some writing and editing again.  I am also thrilled to have a "co-worker"!  Over the last half dozen years I have always worked from home alone or from a coffee shop.  I typically have little face-to-face contact with the people I work for; we simply communicate on-line or over the phone.  In my online teaching job, I've yet to see a single face.  Anyway, it has been since I was a high school English teacher (seven years ago!) that I have had a face-to-face co-worker.  I am so excited to be sharing space with Becky!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear about your new working arrangement. It'll be nice for you to have some adult companionship, don't you think? ;-)

    I checked out both your article, and the link to The Muffin Tin Mom, and I almost wish I had a little one again, since it looks so fun. Actually, my mom used to something similar when we were kids. Instead of a muffin tin, she used to use an egg carton. She would cut up our sandwiches (I guess probably smaller than quarters?) and then add other little things. We LOVED it!! An added bonus is that we got to take it and sit in front of the tv (that almost NEVER happened!) and watch Sesame Street or Mr. Rogers. My mom was awesome! Well, she's still pretty great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! And your new work situation sounds ideal!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?