2/23/10

So how are we handling the wait?

Not great.


We are very anxious for a referral and it is taking much longer than I anticipated.


I naively thought we would be traveling to Ethiopia this month.


It's hard.


There is an entire room waiting for her in our home.


I thought we would know her by now.


There is a closet with two little dresses that I have purchased while we wait.


One of them I just had to see on a little body.


Because I am tired of waiting.


And because we are all slightly bananas.



9 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Leslie, first of all I am sorry that this is taking so long!! I hope you hear news soon. But seriously, this is too funny!!! :) Love you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAGAHA! I'm laughing so hard I misspelled HAHA! What a photo! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is priceless!! We have a picture of my little brother at just about Eli's age in one of my sister's dresses. My sister and I did it to him, complete with pantyhose! Can you even imagine. AND, we put a headband in his hair!

    I'm sorry the wait is becoming so long. Hang in there, you know your prayers WILL be answered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness how I love this picture. Elliot keeps saying, "More Eli. More Eli." See you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My heart breaks for you guys as you wait for this referral. We are all waiting, not so patiently, to see the beautiful face of our niece. We know she'll be perfect and precious. We pray it comes soon!

    On the other hand, my youngest nephew breaks my heart for a totally different reason in this picture. Must he be so loveable and cute all the time?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Could he be any cuter?? Keeping you guys in my thoughts during your wait...may it end soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who else but Eli could pull that off. Too funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fantastic picture! I am so sorry the wait has become SO long. I would have never predicted that you would still be waiting : (
    Hold tight...it will be worth it in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a difficult wait I'm sure. Can't wait to hear about your first meeting with your little girl.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! What's on your mind?